During this little break, I've had some amazing wildlife experiences. Here's a little list of what I've done and seen in the past 2 weeks.
- Saw a coyote on a deer kill in Reston, Virginia.
- Presented at the Virginia Chapter Meeting of The Wildlife Society.
- Compared data and conversed with the leading biologist of the Smithsonian about camera traps that he had in Virginia.
- Camera-trapped some kind of weasel. I am still in the process of identifying it but will post about it shortly.
- Talked with other camera-trappers of Virginia Tech, Ferrum College, and Radford University.
- Saw a bald eagle pick off a Canada goose on the Potomac River. The fight only lasted a few seconds.
- Got a new camera-trap location in Falls Church, Virginia
- Supposedly had another bear attack a camera yesterday. I'll be checking that camera tomorrow to see the damage.
It's crazy to think how all of these wildlife experiences all started with me putting up a single camera in a local park, just over a year ago.