Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wildlife Experiences

In the past two weeks I've been experiencing wildlife in incredible ways.  I've been trying to blog but have not had much time to check as many cameras as usual, but that short break of blogging ends now, and I'll be checking at least 12 cameras tomorrow.

During this little break, I've had some amazing wildlife experiences.  Here's a little list of what I've done and seen in the past 2 weeks.

  • Saw a coyote on a deer kill in Reston, Virginia.
  • Presented at the Virginia Chapter Meeting of The Wildlife Society.
  • Compared data and conversed with the leading biologist of the Smithsonian about camera traps that he had in Virginia. 
  • Camera-trapped some kind of weasel.  I am still in the process of identifying it but will post about it shortly.
  • Talked with other camera-trappers of Virginia Tech, Ferrum College, and Radford University.
  • Saw a bald eagle pick off a Canada goose on the Potomac River.  The fight only lasted a few seconds.
  • Got a new camera-trap location in Falls Church, Virginia
  • Supposedly had another bear attack a camera yesterday.  I'll be checking that camera tomorrow to see the damage.
It's crazy to think how all of these wildlife experiences all started with me putting up a single camera in a local park, just over a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment