Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Log Travelers

Let's get the gross facts out of the way first.  This log was a place for marking for many species of animals.   Fox, raccoon, and other unidentifiable mammalian scat was all over this log.  Animals do this to mark their own territory, and it really can just pile up after time.

I found it just by walking around the woods in Sterling, Virginia while doing a few wildlife surveys months ago.

So what was a nature-oriented person with multiple camera-traps going to do?

You guessed it, I put a camera up to it and left it out for months.  I checked it today and was happy with the results.  These are all videos and can be started by just clicking.

Raccoon
Red Fox
Gray Squirrel
Another Red Fox

2 comments:

  1. Nice set. I especially like the first fox video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably my favorite as well. The fox didn't seem to mind the camera at all!

      Delete