Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fields of Gold


This blog is not about to turn into a daily outdoors journal for the D.C. area, even though I do record some photos and happenings of my experiences outside in this blog.  With this post (and the kayak ones), it would be a shame not to share some of these pictures.

Many of the trail cameras are still working hard getting me those pictures that I always post on here, but I have taken a few days off of checking the images.

During this lull of camera-trap images, I've gone kayaking, hiking, and touring the area with friends and family.  My most recent excursion led me north into Maryland to see large sunflower fields planted in McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area.

It was a long drive (about 50 minutes) for the amount of time spent there, but seeing fields bursting with color to this extent is something I had to do at least once.  It also gave me an excuse to do something interesting on my day off of work and camera checking.

Tomorrow, I'm back at work, back at camera-trapping, and back to the daily grind.  I can hardly wait to see what results the camera-traps will bring next.




2 comments:

  1. Really neat. I hadn't known about those fields and will have to check them out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know of any other fields of flowers around the area? Planted in a farm or naturally occuring anywhere? I've seen bluebells around the Potomac River, these sunflowers, and mountain laurel all over throughout different times of the year.

    ReplyDelete